Pages

June 19, 2010

Welcome!

Welcome to my brand new blog! After much prompting from friends and family, I am finally making this a reality. This will be a space devoted to saving money and creating yummy meals ... with perhaps a few organizing, couponing or other household tips.


I am constantly trying to come up with new ways to motivate myself to be a better homemaker. After all, it is my full-time job these days. Since we are a single-income family, I also need to work around a budget. This sometimes means very creative meals, spending time clipping coupons, and taking advice from anyone that will help me! 


I also enjoy a good challenge, which carries over to my meals. Eating economically often means using the same ingredients over and over. I don't know about you, but I get tired of the same meals after a while. So I find myself coming up with some, uh, creative meals ... to say the least. In the past, I haven't been organized enough to write these recipes down after creating them, and they are rarely re-created. This blog, in addition to sharing my ideas with others, is going to be my own personal recipe book. Now I'll be able to find those yummy refrigerator goulash meals I've created in the past and trot them out again!


You'll probably hear the words "refrigerator goulash" a lot from me. It's my favorite term for the concoctions I come up with. 9 times out of 10, a new meal is created as I stand in front of an open fridge, pondering the weird array of foods that are left inside and wondering if they might taste good together. Amazingly, these are often some of the best meals I make. Go figure.


So, I hope you enjoy my new adventure. I welcome ideas and comments. If you have a recipe you've tried or a tip that someone else might enjoy ... pass it along! We can all stand to learn something new ... especially when it means making our home a better place to live.

3 comments:

  1. I am SO excited you are doing this. I'm gonna give you a shout out on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea Molly!!! Thanks for it!! Even though I have been a Homemaker for 27 yrs there is always room for improvement!! I agree housework is not my favorite either!! LOL!! Keep up the good work! You inspire me Cous!!

    ReplyDelete