Pages

June 19, 2010

Italian Stir Fry

At least ... that's what I called what I made for dinner last night ... instead of refrigerator goulash, like I usually call it. I was trying to come up with something that was somewhat creative to do with the extra ground beef I had thawed out (as opposed to the normal spaghetti, tacos or sloppy joes). So, here's what I came up with. It was really quite yummy too!

1/2 lb ground beef, browned
3 carrots, peeled & sliced fairly thinly
2 tomatoes, diced
6-8 medium mushrooms, sliced
2 cups of rice, cooked separately
1 cup spaghetti sauce
Salt
Pepper
Italian seasoning
Garlic powder
Cumin
(all seasonings are to taste)

Brown the beef, adding in seasonings, per your taste. After you've browned the ground beef, remove it from the pan & set aside. Add some oil (I used olive oil) to the pan & stir fry the carrots (on about medium heat). After they have started to soften, add the mushrooms & tomatoes. Stir fry for another 3-5 minutes. Add beef back to pan & add spaghetti sauce. After everything is heated through, serve over rice. 

Makes approximately 4 servings
Cost per serving: about 80 cents

No comments:

Post a Comment