Pages

March 1, 2011

Spanish Crockpot Chicken

I am all about making my life as easy as possible. And any meal I can make in the crockpot qualifies as just that! I adapted this recipe slightly from getskinnybehappy.com. The recipe as I found it only called for enough veggies for 1 person, but there was enough chicken to feed 3 or 4 people. So I added more veggies. And it was amazing! My hubby was practically licking the remains off his plate, and my 2 year old ate 2 full platefuls! Took all of 5 minutes to prepare, and the total cost for the entire recipe was about $4.50.


Ingredients
4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
salt and pepper
1 large onion, diced
1 can of no-salt-added green beans
4-8 oz sliced mushrooms
1/2 tsp tarragon
1/2 tsp Mrs. Dash chicken seasoning
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 (16 oz) can of diced tomatoes (I used Italian-style with basil)
1 large green bell pepper, diced


Arrange chicken in bottom of crockpot. Add remaining ingredients on top. Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours. Serve and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Molly, I made recipe for dinner last evening. The house smelled so delicious and it was really good.It was so easy and I felt like i was very domestic. Thank you for Posting. Paula Holt

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you enjoyed it! The way it made the house smell was almost as good as how yummy it tasted! :)

    ReplyDelete