Pages

October 6, 2010

Yet another shrimp recipe

Okay, this is by far my favorite new shrimp recipe. Totally made it up on the fly, and I figured I better write it out before it got lost forever! So, here goes:


1 lb shrimp, peeled & de-veined
1 bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup chopped mushrooms (whatever variety you like)
4 cups chopped tomatoes
1 cup whole grain rotelle pasta
Mrs. Dash tomato/basil seasoning
Nu-salt (we're salt-free these days) & pepper to taste
Mrs. Dash fiesta lime seasoning
1 tsp garlic (normally would do minced, but I just threw in some garlic powder this time)
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp olive oil


Prepare pasta per package directions. Heat olive oil in a large skillet and add shrimp. Season with tomato/basil and fiesta lima seasonings, per your tastes. Cook for 4-5 minutes on medium heat, or until shrimp is pink all the way through. Turn shrimp halfway through. Once shrimp is finished, remove from pan & set aside. Add bell peppers and mushrooms to pan. Saute in the drippings left from the shrimp. Once peppers and mushrooms have started softening, add tomatoes and remaining seasonings (again, season to your taste). This will cook down to a sort of marinara. Add shrimp back in and serve over pasta.


For us, this made enough for 2 people. And, since I have not added grains and starches back in yet, I ate it without the pasta. This totally gave me the Italian fix I needed. Absolutely yummy and filling. Probably cost about $5 to make, which came out to $2.50 a serving for us ... and you know how a "cheap" meal makes me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment