Pages

July 19, 2010

Veggie marinade

My new favorite thing to do with vegetables ... is add soy sauce. Since we are trying to limit our sodium and "extras" these days, I use the low-sodium soy sauce, and I use a little less than I used to. But it's a yummy way to spice up dinner. For example, the other night we had a veggie mixture of asparagus, zucchini and mushrooms. I chopped up 3 cups worth (1.5 cups for each of us), put it in a tupperware container, added 2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce and a sprinkle of Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime seasoning, shook it up really good so everything was coated, and let it sit in the fridge for about and hour or so. When I took it out later, I spread it on a baking sheet, put it in the oven at about 380 for 15'ish minutes (I started at 10 minutes, then kept adding time as I checked on the veggies), and voila! They actually turned out almost like they'd been grilled. In fact, my hubby thought I'd fired up the grill just to do the veggies! 


A couple tablespoons of soy sauce is a pretty cheap addition to the meal. What are some of the ways you spice up veggies so that your family will enjoy them? Or, if you have kids, what are some of the creative things you do with veggies to keep them healthy but still get the kiddos to eat them? My kiddo loves the soy sauce marinade, but I'd love some more ideas to keep her eating those good veggies!

No comments:

Post a Comment