Pages

July 2, 2011

Easy Kid's Pizza

Every mom out there has probably made some variation of this type of "pizza" for their kid. But I figured I'd post my little healthy recipe, which my kiddo loves. She kind of cracks me up when I feed her pizza, because if I put anything but veggies on top, she'll pick everything else off and only eat the veggies. She's weird, but I'm sure glad she loves to eat healthy - will serve her well later in life to already have good habits!





1 whole wheat sandwich thin (I found a package on clearance today for 99 cents, so this "crust" cost me about 16 cents)
2 tsp no-sugar-added spaghetti (or pizza) sauce
Up to 1/4 cup chopped veggies (my daughter favors mushrooms & tomatoes)
1/4 cup low-fat shredded mozzarella


I pop the sandwich thin in the toaster on a low setting so that it gets a little crunchy. After it comes out, spread a tsp of sauce on each half, distribute the veggies evenly between the two halves, then sprinkle the cheese over the top. Microwave for about 30-40 seconds, just long enough to melt the cheese. And, you're done!


This entire meal takes me all of about 3 minutes to prepare and get on the table. And it costs about 50 cents (or less) for a full serving. I added a side of strawberries and blueberries for my kiddo today. All yummy, totally healthy, and easy on the checkbook. Best kind of meal there is!

No comments:

Post a Comment