Pages

August 3, 2010

Sick and organized?

Sorry I've been AWOL the last few days. I came down with a lovely cold, which keeps me from thinking straight enough to write. Finally on the mend now, though, and trying to get back into the swing of things. 


I find myself coming up with all these grand plans while I'm sick and too tired to do any of them. Ideas for organizing my house, plans to do more coupon shopping, make a cleaning schedule that I'll stick to, etc, etc, etc. I so rarely follow through with these plans, though. Which is kind of sad. Some of my ideas are good and should be put to use. I just need to organize my thoughts and make a plan.
I've decided my first assignment will be the linen/storage closet. You know, that closet where you stash all the extra toothpaste, soap, cleaners, etc? I went crazy with the coupons last summer, right before we bought our house. As a result, I have enough of these non-perishable-type items to last us through the next decade. Well, maybe not quite that long ... but close! However, I can no longer find anything in that closet, because I keep adding new stuff to the front and pushing stuff to the back. So, I'm going to figure out a way to organize it so I can find stuff. I've seen several posts lately about organizing with buckets. Looks cute, but all those buckets just take up extra space that is already at a premium. I'm leaning toward plastic see-through tubs, shoebox size, with labels. I can sort by product and stack. Then my poor hubby won't have to always ask me if we're out of this or that, or have stuff falling on his head while he digs for something at the back of the closet.


If you've got a big project, break it down into small parts you can manage. And don't stress about getting it all done in one day. Give yourself a reasonable time-frame to do things. I'd love to start this project today, but we have booked ourselves away from home for the entire day. And tomorrow, hubby starts a new schedule of working at nights, which means I probably shouldn't be banging around in the cupboards outside the bedroom while he's trying to catch a nap. So, this project, which seems simple, may take me the next week. But I've set a goal to work toward. Once that's done ... then I'll worry about the next big project!

No comments:

Post a Comment